Sylves is a C# library for handling maths relating to grids, for games and procedural generation.
It can be downloaded from here.
Q: Isn't working with grids easy? It's basically a 2d array.
A: Sure, if you only care about square grids. Sylves defines a "grid" much more broadly than that. Grids can be 2d or 3d, built out of varying or irregular shapes, and can be infinite.
- Sylves supports a wide range of different grids and you can create even more.
- All grids in Sylves shares a common interface, IGrid, so algorithms can be written once and work on any grid.
- Sylves handles many of the fiddlier grid operations, such as raycasts and pathfinding.
- Sylves comes with a sophisticated notion of direction and rotation
- Sylves supports mesh deformation to squeeze meshes to fit irregular polygons.